nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, the region's largest grantmaker and permanent charitable endowment, is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Associate Philanthropic Officer for Grantmaking (APO). The Community Foundation’s mission is to create positive and sustainable change in Greater New Haven by increasing the amount of and enhancing the impact of community philanthropy. The deadline for applications is July 23, 2010.
This position supports several grantmaking processes and a nonprofit online giving site, as well as other responsibilities as assigned.
• The APO will be part of, and support, a team of grantmaking professionals in the execution of department goals;
• The APO will provide service to multiple Foundation audiences and communicate through various methods, including phone, email, and written communications;
• The APO will support internal and external meetings and events, including scheduling, attending, providing logistics, managing reservations, and recording, as required;
• The APO will use state of the art technologies, including data entry into The Foundation’s relational database, FIMS;
• The APO will be called upon for collaboration with all Foundation staff members;
• The APO will be assigned special projects;
• The APO will support the reception area accountabilities, as needed;
• The APO will provide administrative duties, as needed.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Demonstrated administrative and data entry skills and highly skilled in technology and office software including; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
• College degree;
• Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment, with positive customer service expectations and with diverse populations;
• Individual should be self-directed and a team player;
• Attention to detail, ability to track schedules, organize meetings, generate reports, and produce presentations;
• Demonstrated ability to direct and participate in teams;
• A commitment to an inclusive environment;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Superior organizational skills and eagerness to multitask.
Please submit letters of interest/resumes and other supportive documents to Denise Canning (email@example.com) by Friday, July 23rd, 2010. Thank you for your interest.