Community, Nonprofits and Businesses sharing Information
IRIS- Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services (www.irisct.org) has an immediate opening for a part-time Development Director. IRIS is a vibrant nonprofit organization that welcomes and resettles approximately 200 refugees each year-- people fleeing persecution in their home countries who are invited to come to the United States. They come seeking safety, freedom, peace, and opportunities. IRIS is responsible for welcoming them warmly, helping them learn about their new home, and helping them become self-sufficient.
IRIS seeks an individual with extensive fundraising experience to join us as Development Director. The Development Director will provide strategic direction, management, and supervision of all fund raising activities, especially cultivation of donors, campaigns, and fundraising events. The Development Director will also participate in grant application strategies and decisions.
- Work with staff, board, and development committee to increase private donations
- Develop strategies for increasing private donations and planned giving
- Identify, research, and cultivate prospects for individual gifts, in coordination with the IRIS senior management
- Plan donor cultivation activities
- Coordinate semi-annual financial appeals, including writing the appeal letters and thank you letters
- Provide oversight of donor database, maintained in GiftWorks
- Provide strategy and oversight of fundraising events
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of six years professional fundraising experience
- Strong ties to Greater New Haven community preferred
- Experience working with immigrants or in social services preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, management, strategic planning, and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals
- Excellent, effective written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Computer and internet proficient with solid understanding of standard software and applications
- Experience using a donor database, especially Giftworks
This position will average 15 hours per week.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Kelly Hebrank at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: August 31, 2013