nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
The Connecticut Housing Coalition, the state's leading membership organization for affordable housing, is seeking an Executive Director. The Coalition, which has six staff members and an annual budget of $750,000, is comprised of more than 250 member organizations - including nonprofit housing developers, resident groups, housing services agencies, and diverse other housing advocates and practitioners. The Executive Director is hired by and responsible to the Board of Directors. The Coalition is looking for a highly talented and qualified person with substantial housing knowledge and management skills, who will be a committed advocate for affordable housing in Connecticut.
· Develop long-range strategies and annual work plans to achieve the organization's mission, in consultation with and subject to the approval of the Board;
· Have broad responsibility for the management of the organization's operations;
· Hire and supervise staff;
· Promote the active participation of the membership and other housing constituencies in public policy development, grassroots advocacy and organizational programs;
· Support the empowerment of residents and those in need of affordable housing;
· Provide leadership in the implementation of programs and services - including information dissemination, member working groups, technical assistance, trainings and conferences;
· Provide leadership in advocating affordable housing policy - with audiences including legislators, agency officials, other organizations, the media and the general public;
· Oversee the organization's financial management;
· Plan and implement fundraising strategies to provide for organizational stability and growth.
· Hard working and dedicated to the mission and goals of the organization;
· Passionate commitment to the cause of affordable housing, community development and resident empowerment;
· Proven leadership in developing and executing programmatic, organizational and financial plans with a board of directors;
· Dynamic and effective inter-personal skills;
· Ability to foster inclusion and cohesion among a diverse membership and staff;
· Extensive knowledge of the affordable housing field and public policy-making;
· Significant experience in nonprofit management and fundraising;
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Salary: Competitive salary plus excellent benefits.To apply: Send cover letter, resume and salary history by October 1, 2010 (although later applications may be considered until position is filled) to: Executive Director Search, Connecticut Housing Coalition, 30 Jordan Lane, Wethersfield, CT 06109. We are an EEO/AA employer