Director of Advocacy Resources
Help guide the Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity's rapidly-expanding work on food marketing to young people. Coordinate and lead the Rudd Center's work to educate and inform community organizations about issues related to food marketing, and develop resources to help identify and implement appropriate strategies for intervention.
- Develop a comprehensive advocacy liaison strategy for the Rudd Center, focusing on food marketing to children and adolescents, and communities of color.
- Build and maintain advocacy relationships by identifying and serving as a liaison between community advocates and health- and child-related NGOs.
- Educate advocacy groups about food policy and obesity, marketing, and the food environment via briefings, webinars, conferences, presentations, and other methods as appropriate.
- Provide expert/technical assistance to advocates from community organizations pertaining to obesity and marketing issues, including creating strategic plans, agenda setting, message framing, policy options, etc.
- Produce fact sheets, reports, and other written materials for distribution on the website and/or in written form; work with Communications Director to ensure website is up-to-date.
- Represent the Rudd Center at meetings, conferences, and speaking engagements.
- Monitor and analyze local and state legislation, policymaking, and regulatory activity regarding food marketing.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff at the Rudd Center to carry out the Center's mission.
Education and Experience
Master's degree in a related field or law degree and two years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Firsthand knowledge of advocacy processes.
- Experience working with a wide range of groups, including low-income people and communities of color.
- Familiarity with health care/nutrition issues.
- Experience in public speaking/presentations.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills for multiple audiences.
- Ability to travel within and outside Connecticut.
Please apply for this position through Yale's job posting website.
You can search this position by the Requisition ID Number: 15190BR