URU The Right To Be, Inc.
PART-TIME SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
URU The Right to Be, Inc., an expanding nonprofit education through the arts production company based in New Haven, Connecticut, seeks a qualified candidate for a Part-Time Social Media Coordinator position. The person hired to fill this position will be tasked with coordinating digital outreach for a national civic engagement tour, fundraising efforts, and communications activities. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of social media platforms, community organizations, collective impact approaches, and the media. He or she will report directly to the Founder and CEO of URU.
- Develop, maintain and cultivate social media presence in all channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Consistently manage social media postings and interactions following URU guidelines and voice.
- Responsible for monitoring and engaging in online conversations with constituents, including responding to questions and comments.
- Monitor and respond to social media and email inquiries throughout the day.
- Write and design content for all social media channels.
- Develop and execute the strategic content schedule for social media.
- Responsible for collecting and reporting analytics for all social media channels.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with superior skills in Proofreading and Copy editing.
- Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field and one year of related social media and graphic design experience or related communications and design experience.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of multiple social media platforms, metrics, and tracking.
- Skilled in graphic design.
- Knowledge of image supply sources, copyright, and registered image uses.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and set goals and meet established deadlines.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Personable demeanor
How to Apply:
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PT Social Media Coordinator – Your Last Name.”
Please only apply if you have experience and type a minimum of 70 wpm. Compensation commensurate with experience. 25 hours per week. No phone calls please!