nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, the region's largest grantmaker and permanent charitable endowment, is seeking a qualified candidate for an entry level administrative assistant position in the Grantmaking Department. The Community Foundation’s mission is to create positive and sustainable change in Greater New Haven by increasing the amount of and enhancing the impact of community philanthropy. The deadline for applications is January 21, 2011.
Title: Administrative Assistant (AA)
Reports To: Director of Grants & Scholarships
This position supports several grantmaking processes, as well as other responsibilities as assigned.
• The AA will be part of, and support, a team of grantmaking professionals in the execution of department goals;
• The AA will provide service to multiple Foundation audiences and communicate through various methods, including phone, email, and written communications;
• The AA will support internal and external meetings and events, including scheduling, attending, providing logistics, managing reservations, and recording, as required;
• The AA will use state of the art technologies, including data entry into The Foundation’s relational database, FIMS;
• The AA will be called upon for collaboration with all Foundation staff members;
• The AA will be assigned special projects;
• The AA will support the reception area accountabilities, as needed;
• The AA will provide administrative duties, as needed.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Demonstrated administrative and data entry skills and highly skilled in technology and office software including; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
• College degree;
• Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment, with positive customer service expectations and with diverse populations;
• Individual should be self-directed and a team player;
• Attention to detail, ability to track schedules, organize meetings, generate reports, and produce presentations;
• Demonstrated ability to direct and participate in teams;
• A commitment to an inclusive environment;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Superior organizational skills and eagerness to multitask.
Please submit letters of interest, resumes and other supportive documents via email to Denise Canning, Grants Manager, at email@example.com by Friday, January 21, 2011.