Community, Nonprofits and Businesses sharing Information
I am pleased to provide you with information to help you connect with local healthcare resources and I can provide in-person enrollment assistance for the Access Health CT at Agency on Aging of South Central CT. We have the expertise to enroll people in the healthcare plan, we are happy to refer you to resources that will help you enroll and/or answer your questions. Most people who apply will pay lower monthly premiums than those shown here. Households with yearly incomes up to about $46,000 for individuals or $94,000 for a family of 4 will qualify for lower costs. You'll get final quotes for specific plans based on your income and household after you complete a Marketplace application.
Q: WHAT IF I CAN’T AFFORD INSURANCE?
A: When you fill out a Marketplace health insurance application, you’ll find out if you can get lower costs on monthly premiums or out-of-pocket costs, or get free or low-cost coverage. Most people who apply will qualify for lower costs of some kind. You can save money in the Marketplace in three ways, depending on your income and family size:
1. You may be able to lower costs on your monthly premiums when you enroll in a private health insurance plan.
2. You may qualify for lower out-of-pocket costs for copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles.
3. You or your child may get free or low-cost coverage through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Q: WHAT IF I HAVE A PRE-EXISTING CONDITION?
A: Starting in 2014, being sick won’t keep you from getting health coverage. Insurance
Companies can’t turn you down or charge you more because of your condition. You can apply for Marketplace insurance when open enrollment starts on October 1st, and coverage starts as soon as January 1, 2014.
Q: WHO IS ELIGIBLE DEPENDENTS
1. Current spouse or domestic partner
2. Children (natural, adopted, domestic partner's, or step) up to age 26
3. Certified disabled dependent children of any age
4. Children, up to age 26, if you have assumed a parent-child relationship and are considered the primary care parent.
I hope that you find this information useful. We have Spanish-speaking service available to assist individuals at the Agency On Aging of South Central CT. As soon you have all documents completed, or collected, please do not hesitate to call my office for your appointment to enroll.
• Easier to afford! • Easier to understand, compare, choose, then use!
• Easier to access –NO limits for pre-existing conditions and NO lifetime maximums!
What information do you need to provide?