nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
SEND RESUMES ONLY (mail/fax or e-mail:email@example.com)
835 Main Street Bridgeport, CT 06604
Fax: (203) 696-2754
This position directs program component of the organization. Assures daily operations of all JA programs are implemented including management of program and staff and all administrative procedures. Develops program budget and yearly plan. The position also increases public awareness for all programs; assures program quality, expansion and good school relations; and acts as a liaison to the Board.
1. Management of program and support staff. Directs program component of all areas.
2. Recruits and renews commitments of schools/teachers. Develops and delivers presentations to area superintendents, principals and teachers. (Direct responsibility for30 schools, 5 communities, + after school collaboratives).
3. Identifies, recruits and renews commitments from business leaders in order to secure top caliber volunteers / coordinators and maintain program quality. Develops and delivers needed presentations.
4. Assures program quality through phone calls, e-mails, classroom monitoring, participant servicing and evaluation instruments. Continually provides feedback, program materials and resources to volunteers and teachers. (Direct responsibility for 30 schools, 5 communities, + after school collaboratives).
5. Develops and implements volunteer orientation programs. Secures location of training, develops orientation materials, schedules volunteers/teachers, orders program materials, distributes registration and evaluation forms. (Direct responsibility for 30 schools, 5 communities, + after school collaboratives).
6. Recognition - Supervises logistics of event(s); informing volunteers, teachers, school administrators and business executives of event; planning and distribution of appreciation materials.
7. Increases public awareness of JA programs through corporate & civic presentations. Represents JA at community events. Coordinates press releases and electronic media.
8. Assures registration, verification forms and program audit are completed on a timely basis and submitted to JA Worldwide to meet deadlines.
9. Develops strategic plan, sets yearly program goals and budget.
10. Serves as liaison to Board and prepares monthly program report.
11. Assists the President and Director of Development with securing business, foundation and individual financial support. Liaison to Director of Development for grant proposals and reports. Requests funding where appropriate.
Full-time Position: 40 hrs. per week