United Way of Greater New Haven (UWGNH) brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Income, and Health. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone.
We are seeking candidates for this full-time position to lead the Greater New Haven Coordinated Access Network (GNH CAN), a collaborative housed at UWGNH, to prevent and end homelessness for individuals, families and youth experiencing homelessness in our nineteen-town region. The Director will work with partners and stakeholders to realize the GNH CAN mission: to make homelessness rare, brief and a one-time experience.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading work across organizations and sectors, using evidence and partnerships to deliver measurable results, and putting their passion into action to help people live their best possible lives.
Reporting Structure: Reports to the UWGNH Chief Impact Officer
Essential Job Functions:
The GNH CAN Director will be responsible for leading a set of strategies to reach the goals of preventing and ending homelessness, as well as the other priorities of the GNH CAN:
- Develop cross-sector collaborations with state agencies, municipalities, businesses, advocates and providers.
- Maintain relationships with local and statewide leadership, and work with GNH co-chairs to support members in developing and monitoring policies, priorities and goals.
- Advocate for issues affecting the GNH CAN goals, including expanding access to deeply affordable housing.
- Develop strategies to engage consumers in identifying opportunities for growth, assessing needs and identifying areas for improvement.
- Work with partners and funders to align existing resources and services to meet goals.
- Develop new resources and relationships to meet goals, including grant writing and fundraising activities.
- Provide oversight of operations, including: direct services, contracts, communications and use of CAN resources.
- Supervise and support a customer-oriented and effective team of staff.
- Monitor use of funds and manage budgeting and reporting, in conjunction with the finance department.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience preferred in leading collaborative or systems-change efforts.
- Experience with group facilitation, coaching and training.
- Effective public speaker and presentation skills.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Effective relationship management skills.
- Ability to use data to inform decision-making.
- Ability to lead a diverse, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
- Knowledge of the challenges/barriers homeless people face, and understanding of the systems with which they interact.
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Local and Statewide travel is required; candidates must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be:
- Personally committed to advancing UWGNH’s values, mission, goals and programs.
- A proactive and strategic thinker with the ability to work both individually and
- A result-oriented problem solver, willing to learn and engage with diverse perspectives, and able to manage an aggressive workload.
- A superior communicator who shares information readily and concisely, and listens as well as gives advice.
- A team player who inspires collaboration and functions decisively.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
All applications are treated confidentially. The position will remain open until filled.
**United Way of Greater New Haven is an equal opportunity employee. **