United Way of Greater New Haven brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial Stability. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone.
We are seeking a full-time professional to lead our effort to prevent and end homelessness. The Greater New Haven Coordinated Access Network Manager supports the mission of United Way by working with Greater New Haven Coordinated Access Network (CAN) members, public and private partners and the United Way team to provide leadership, project management, and oversight of services to reach regional, state, and federal goals to end homelessness.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in homeless services, and passionate about helping people in need and promoting community philanthropy.
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Chief Impact Officer; supervises 4 FTEs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor, evaluate, and work collaboratively to adjust CAN services and partnerships to ensure effective and efficient operations of homeless services.
- Troubleshoot when the CAN system clogs or fails.
- Provide day to day onsite supervision and develop workflow for 4 FTEs.
- Establish protocols to track and analyze CAN performance and outcomes using appropriate systems, tools and techniques; creates reports and communicates.
- Facilitate CAN meetings as necessary.
- Manage, update, and report on regional By Name List in HMIS.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with leadership staff from CAN agencies.
- Proactively engage with and promote clear communication of information to CAN agencies.
- Interface with agencies and advocates, and participate in statewide meetings and events.
- Maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with United Way employees and teams, and executing on shared work products.
- Other Job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
- Degree plus three to five of years of experience in a Human Services or related field required.
- Demonstrated success in direct service supervision, project management, and relationship management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the delivery of human services and knowledge of the challenges and opportunities that people experiencing homelessness face.
- Experience with group facilitation, training, and working in a collaborative environment.
- Flexible thinker who can balance systems thinking and on-the-ground implementation.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to take initiative, demonstrate leadership, work inter-dependently and produce consistently high quality work.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for a broad audience.
- Ability to analyze and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to relate to people of different economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to balance a variety of perspectives within a politically sensitive environment.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be:
- Personally committed to advancing UWGNH’s values, mission, goals and programs.
- Flexible, reliable, creative, outgoing and energetic person who can handle and prioritize multiple activities and responsibilities; a self-starter and finisher.
- Superior communicator who shares information readily and concisely, and listens as well as gives advice.
- Team player who inspires collaboration and functions decisively.
- Emotionally mature and self-confident, with a sense of humor in order to maintain balance and perspective.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed letter of interest, resume, writing sample and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
All applications are treated confidentially. The position will remain open until filled.
**United Way of Greater New Haven is an equal opportunity employer.**