We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of Greater New Haven. We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience.
Who We Are Looking For
Are you a finance professional who enjoys working with colleagues from all departments and being an integral part of making an organization work? Do you find joy in making processes run more effectively and efficiently? Are you interested in managing the financial aspects of state and federal grants, and working with community organizations to build their skills? If so, our Finance Manager position may be perfect for you.
The Finance Manager is a key position within our Finance Team and is involved in supporting all aspects of our mission. The successful candidate will have experience with multiple aspects of financial transactions, is detailed oriented, and thrives when multi-tasking in a fast-paced office environment. This is a full-time position (40 hrs/week) reporting to the VP of Finance and Administration.
- Daily A/P and A/R functions.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital, prepare financial statements and other reports as scheduled, to summarize and interpret financial positions.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, United Way Worldwide guidelines, industry best practices and company procedures.
- Document and coordinate implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures. Improve current processes and implement new systems for general accounting. Make recommendations regarding the accounting of assets, reserves and expenditures.
- Interacts with independent auditors, provides support for year-end audit, and assists in the preparation of the IRS Form 990.
- Lead on United Way Worldwide annual database survey and grant financial reporting.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum five years of non-profit accounting experience with a working knowledge of non-profit accounting principles and standards, including GAAP.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player who inspires collaboration and functions decisively.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of UWGNH.
- Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with the following subject line: Application for Finance Manager.
- Position open until filled.