Director of Development and Fundraising
Dwight Hall at Yale New Haven, Connecticut
Dwight Hall at Yale is an independent 501©(3) non-profit organization with an annual budget of approximately $900,000, a full-time staff of five and offices on the Old Campus of Yale University in New Haven that provides community service opportunities for Yale College students in the New Haven area.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Dwight Hall, this new position will be responsible for organizing and implementing fund-raising for the organization’s programs and operational expenses based on the adopted Dwight Hall Development Plan.
The Director will work to assure that Dwight Hall’s organizational culture, alumni board and procedures support fund development. The Director will serve as a key member of the organization, working with the Dwight Hall staff, Board and students leaders to achieve specific revenue and outreach goals. This is a full-time, year round position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement fundraising strategies for Dwight Hall alumni donors and determine cultivation/solicitation strategies for major donors, including solicitation activity goals.
- With the ED and the Board of Directors, work with print, electronic, web-based and social media to increase the visibility of Dwight Hall among existing and potential donors.
- Participate in general Annual Fund operations, including planning and drafting of direct mail, email and telephone solicitation programs, and strategy sessions with CEO and Program Manager.
- Assess prospect research requirements, determine priorities, and conduct and/or supervise research. Work closely with CFO to secure updated biographic and class note information in data base. Update electronic materials and website content as needed.
- Assist in the identification and preparation of grant applications for programs that support Dwight Hall’s student activities.
- Organize and oversee specialty fund raising programs, including capital campaigns for endowment and facility renovation, and a legacy giving program for Dwight Hall’s donors.
- Provide staff support for Dwight Hall’s Board Development Committee and perform related duties as assigned by ED.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 3 years of development experience, with demonstrated success in fundraising. Exceptional oral and written communication skills, computer skills and highly-developed organizational skills. Interest in and awareness of education, as well as community outreach.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to relate to donors, volunteers, staff, and students.
- Self-motivated, innovative and able to work with considerable independence within the context of a team environment and a network of relationships.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to offer innovative, consensus-building solutions. Team player.
- Ability to represent Dwight Hall well in working collegially with peers and colleagues within and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software preferred.
Dwight Hall at Yale is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is strongly committed to diversity. It welcomes applicants of all races, ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations. For more information, visitwww.dwighthall.org.
Compensation: Dwight Hall offers a salary commensurate with non-profit organizational standards and experience and an excellent benefits package based on Yale’s managerial benefits.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with a preference for those submitted by November 4th, 2011.
Posted October 13, 2011
Please submit your application by one e-mail, with the following material attached as separate documents: cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information for three references. Please send to:email@example.com