Fair Haven Community Health Center is looking for passionate, caring individuals who are interested improving the health of the Fair Haven community. For over 40 years, FHCHC has been a leader in health care in Connecticut and is focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. FHCHC is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients.
- To function as part of a health care team, meeting the needs of patients, staff and consumers.
- To provide social services case management support to patients and outreach to the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in comprehensive outreach efforts in the community to identify potential enrollees in local, state, and federal funded programs and services
- Facilitate client enrollment onto entitlement programs by assisting applicants and acting as a liaison to the State
- Work closely with other clinical programs, social service providers and outreach workers in assisting and following up on client referrals
- Improve access to health services for individuals by linking them to comprehensive health care services
- Collaborate with other community based organizations
- Conduct and participate in relevant meetings and trainings
- Perform other necessary duties as required by the health center
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to relate with effectiveness to the public, the patient and the other staff of the Health Center
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish required
- BSW or other professional degree or equivalent experience
- Must have a valid Connecticut driver's license and own transportation
- Oral and written fluency in English
Please send resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com or fax (203)777-8506