nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
Fall Program Intern
Part time, 10-15 hours per week
Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen (DESK) seeks a dedicated and passionate intern who will be responsible for overseeing our weekly Food Pantry program. You must be an advanced undergraduate or graduate student, or burgeoning professional in a field related to social work, nonprofit administration, public health, or nutrition.
Mission & Background Information
DESK serves people experiencing homelessness or living in poverty by providing food assistance and services that promote health, community, and equity. We are located in downtown New Haven, just off the Green. For more information on our programs, services, history, and vision, visit us online at www.deskct.org.
· In pursuit of a relevant degree, or a recent graduate
· Strong leadership & communication skills
· Strong social/”people” skills
· Comfort with MS Office and Google applications
· Enthusiasm and outgoing personality
· Comfort with Excel, Google Sheets, Google Forms
· Ability to work well under stress
· Experience as a volunteer
· Creative thinking and problem solving skills
· Experience in public speaking
· Strong culinary skills
· Nutritional background
· Restaurant experience
· Advanced research skills
· Data analytic background
· Graphic design skills
· Finance background
· Experience working in a nonprofit or small business setting
Compensation and Benefits
This is an unpaid internship position. The primary benefit will be in the form of direct services experience and university credit, if applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and résumé to Steve Werlin at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Intern Application” in the subjection line.
DESK is an equal opportunity employer who values greatly the role of diversity in the workplace and
Strongly encourages applications from people of all backgrounds and lifestyles.