The Country School is seeking a Director of Development to begin July 2023. As an independent, co-educational day school with enrollment of some 210 students in grades PreS-8th, we seek a colleague who shows a commitment to the issues of diversity, inclusion, and equity. Salaries and benefits are competitive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Development will:
Devise and manage a program designed to attract the maximum gift support possible to the school.
- Develop an Annual Giving Strategic Action Plan.
- Develop a complete program of research into and an action plan of solicitation of the school's key prospects.
- Grow existing endowment through stewardship and cultivation, including a planned giving program.
- With Head of School, identify 8th Grade Legacy Gift and coordinate project with identified school and parent leader(s).
- Pursue (capital and/or endowment) grant opportunities for school growth.
- Oversee and assist with sustaining and fulfilling the 70th Anniversary Talent Within Capital Campaign.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to increase alumni and parental support of, and involvement in, the school.
- Collaborate on the processing of all gift income for the purpose of providing receipts and the maintaining of giving records of donors to the school, acknowledgements and reporting
- Serve as the lead administrator for the Institutional Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees, the Parents’ Association, and the Alumni Association and all connected events.
- Attend Board meetings as requested and report on current initiatives.
- Be involved in the school community at large.
Common Qualification Requirements:
- Proven success as a leader
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and resourceful
- Experience with Blackbaud and/or other development software preferred but not required
The Country School offers an unparalleled educational experience to PreSchool through 8th Grade students. Beyond traditional academic disciplines, The Country School’s Signature Programs--Elmore Leadership, STEAM, Public Speaking, Outdoor Education, and Global Citizenship--speak to the school’s commitment to provide students with lessons that will last a lifetime. The Country School is a community where all types of diversity is celebrated and people of Color are welcomed, valued, and supported.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to John Fixx, Head of School: email@example.com and Cindy Richar, Assistant to the Head of School: firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to be a member of GNH Community to add comments!
Join GNH Community