nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR / EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
20-25 hours per week Monday through Friday
Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen (DESK) seeks a highly-skilled, well-organized, assertive, enthusiastic, and creative individual to work with the Executive Director to carry out a variety of administrative duties, including office management, financial record-keeping, human resources and payroll functions, procurement, and other functions as needed. This is a dynamic role with varied responsibilities and duties. The successful candidate will have a record of successful experience in an administrative/office capacity, as well as specialized knowledge in at least one of the areas of core responsibilities below.
Mission & Background Information
DESK serves people experiencing homelessness or living in poverty by providing food assistance and services that promote health, community, and equity. We are located in downtown New Haven, just off the Green. For more information on our programs, services, history, and vision, visit us online at www.deskct.org.
Core Responsibilities – Competent in all, expert in one.
· Enthusiasm for the mission
· Bachelors degree OR equivalent relevant experience
· 2+ year experience in office support
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Good social/”people” skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Comfort with MS Office and Google applications
· Creative thinking and problem solving skills
· Highly flexible
· Operational management experience in an office setting
· Expertise in Excel, Google Sheets, and Google Forms
· Knowledge of web-based database platforms
Compensation and Benefits
This is an hourly position (FLSA non-exempt), with generous paid time-off benefits and competitive compensation. Precise title and compensation will be commensurate with demonstrated skills, experience, and background. Health benefits are available for eligible employees.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should complete the online application form available at www.deskct.org/hr.
DESK is an equal opportunity employer who affirms and values greatly the role of diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from people of all backgrounds and lifestyles.