nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
** OPEN POSITION **
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Occasional nights & weekends, some flexibility
Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen (DESK) seeks a skilled, experienced, and enthusiastic leader to oversee all programming and services of a small but rapidly growing social service organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in providing direct services for people experiencing homelessness (i.e., case management and/or outreach), as well as a demonstrated record of effective staff management and program development. This is a great opportunity for a hands-on individual looking to facilitate real change while advancing their career in a meaningful way.
Mission & Background Information
DESK serves people experiencing homelessness or living in poverty by providing food assistance and services that promote health, community, and equity. We are located in Downtown New Haven, just off the Green. Our core program provides food assistance and basic needs as well as connections to resources and other services. DESK will open a Downtown Drop-in and Resource Center in 2021 to provide more intensive site-based outreach services for people experiencing unsheltered homelessness. For more information on our programs, services, history, and vision, visit us online at www.deskct.org.
Requirements and Qualities of the Ideal Candidate
● Enthusiasm and passion for mission
● Advanced knowledge of best-practices in homelessness services, outreach, and case management
● 3+ years experience in direct service provision
● 2+ years experience in staff supervision or management
● Working knowledge of Greater New Haven homelessness services landscape
● Knowledge of best-practices around harm reduction, trauma-informed care, and behavioral health, including the myriad of issues that are parallel to homelessness
● Excellent communication skills
● Team player and leadership skills
● Experience in training staff
● Experience in some type of customer service
● Not required: experience in food services or administration
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes generous paid time-off and health and life insurance. Starting salary will be between $47,000 and $55,000, commensurate with demonstrated skills, experience, and background.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with “Program Director Application” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted only until 5:00 pm on December 31, 2020.