nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
Summary: The Connecticut Veterans Legal Center seeks a part-time Special Events Engagement Director to lead marketing and fundraising efforts for the fifth annual cycling event known as “The Ride for Veterans.” This third-party fundraiser scaled up significantly in 2015 thanks to its lead sponsor Point72 Asset Management, with about 80 people riding an estimated 3,000 miles and raising over $100,000. CVLC aspires to significantly expand ridership in 2016 and envisions The Ride becoming a popular event throughout Connecticut’s cycling and veteran communities. Hourly pay will be based on experience and qualifications and will be highly competitive. No benefits are provided with this position.
Hours: 10 hours per week average, increasing as event approaches in June 2016.
Reports To: Executive Director
Works With: The Ride Event Committee and Event Planner
• Act as CVLC’s main liaison with law firms, corporate and community partners through in-person meetings, email and mail communications, and tabling and speaking events to encourage entities to form cycling teams and fundraise on behalf of CVLC.
• Lead the development of a marketing and communication plan to increase awareness of the event within CVLC’s network of law firms and corporations as well as new corporate and community partners.
• Create and maintain a list of potential event sponsors and development an engagement plan for each potential sponsor.
• Develop and implement an online marketing strategy, promoting the event through websites and social media.
• Develop marketing materials to promote the event.
• Work with event planner to incorporate sponsors and organizational message into the event.
• Minimum of three years’ experience working in sales, non-profit development or another field with an emphasis on relationship management.
About the CVLC:
The Connecticut Veterans Legal Center (CVLC) exists to support veterans in recovery by helping them overcome legal barriers to housing and income. CVLC and VA CT’s Errera Community Care Center created the country’s first VA medical-legal partnership to integrate legal help into VA mental health, housing and addiction services. CVLC leverages the generosity of Connecticut’s attorneys by connecting half of the veterans it serves with no-cost, high quality assistance. Since 2009, CVLC has helped almost 1500 veterans rebuild the fulfilling lives they deserve.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, two references, and a professional letter/email sample to the CVLC’s Executive Director Margaret Middleton at email@example.com. Please email with questions. The position is open until filled and will be filled quickly so please send your materials as soon as possible.