nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
Founded in 1993, College Summit is a national non-profit organization with a mission to transform the college admissions process and increase the college enrollment rate of low-income students. Today’s college admissions system leaves behind a key portion of America’s talent: low-income, academically mid-tier students. Working in partnership with the critical players in the college-access challenge – students, parents, high schools, and colleges –College Summit enables all these players to accomplish what none can do alone: ensure that the community harnesses the talent of all college-capable students.
College Summit is seeking a Clerical / Administrative individual for a contract position. The position will start in December and end in April 2012. S/he will play a critical role in assisting with the maintenance of the Connecticut office.
• Oversee all aspects of general office coordination.
• Maintain office calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings.
• Support the Program Director and School Partnership Manager with administrative tasks as needed.
• Ably represent organizational values of Passionate Pursuit of Student Results; Tapping the Power Within;
Constant Improvement; Team Players; Celebration.
• Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
• Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
• Sign for and distribute UPS/FedEx or similarly delivered packages.
• Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
• Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, bookkeeping, copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
• File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports.
• Create and modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos and letters using word processing,
spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office.
• Set up and coordinate meetings and College Summit events.
• Support staff in assigned project-based work.
• Assists in special events.
• At least three (3) years experience in general office responsibilities and procedures.
• Must be computer literate.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization.
• Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively
with diverse audiences across all organizational levels.
• Highly organized and capable of managing multiple tasks, close attention to details and meeting
College Summit values the diversity of our colleagues, partners, volunteers, and students; please read our diversity statement at
As an Equal Opportunity Employer College Summit encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
All interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter via