Community, Nonprofits and Businesses sharing Information
The NOAA Liaison to the Long Island Sound Study position has been
announced. See _http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/307516800_
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as a liaison to the EPA Long Island Sound Study (LISS).
- Work on a variety of science advisory and coordination activities with
a special focus on the living marine resources for which the National
Marine Fisheries Service is responsible.
- Provide scientific expertise and perspective to the LISS process,
especially coordinating the research effort supported by the program.
- Translate research results into program actions.
- Assisting in the communication of scientific and management advances
implemented by the LISS.
- Accomplish work group organization and reporting, research grant
administration, and general science coordination and provide results to
the LISS and NEFSC leadership.
This position will be co-located in the National Marine Fisheries
Service (NMFS), Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), Aquaculture
& Enhancement Division, located in Milford, CT, and the EPA Long Island
Sound Office in Stamford, CT. It is a term appointment for two years,
with possible extension for an additional two year. *Please note that
the closing date to apply for the position is Friday, January 27.***
Contact if you have any questions.
Mark A. Tedesco, Director
EPA Long Island Sound Office
Government Center, Suite 9-11
888 Washington Blvd.
Stamford, CT 06904-2152