Save on Back-To-School Shopping During Tax-Free Week
Connecticut's 15th annual tax-free shopping week begins this Sunday, August 16, and runs through next Saturday, August 22.
- Tax-free week is a great time to get a head start on all your back-to-school shopping needs.
- During this week the sales tax will be waived on all individual clothing and footwear purchases priced under $100.
Tax-free week also applies to online purchases made at Amazon or other Internet retailers.
- Clothing rentals under $100 for special occasions will also be tax-free throughout the week.
- There is no limit to the number of items that can be purchased tax-free so long as the final price at the register is under $100 for each individual item.
- This benefit also applies to items discounted below $100 by sales in the store or coupons you may have. Example: an item is priced at $139.00; normally, it would not be eligible for the tax-free sale; however, if you have a coupon for $40.00, that reduces the price to $99.00; that item is now eligible for the tax-free sale. Find and use store, online, and manufacturers' coupons.
- Connecticut shoppers are expected to save as much as $6 million this year thanks to tax-free week.
- Plan your shopping to take advantage of these savings of 6.35 percent, plus store sales planned specifically for this week.