nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Part-time (15-18 hours weekly – non-exempt)
Reports To: Project Director
Organization Description: TOC’s mission is to ensure that we as parents are truly involved with education policy and decision-making and rightfully acknowledged as critical participants in the success of our school system.
Our goal is to build parent and youth leadership to transform our public school system into one that works for all students. Our members (NHPS parents and youth) are the heart, soul, eyes, ears, and voice of TOC and lead all areas of our work from membership recruitment to campaign development
and fundraising. This year we are expanding our mission to NHPS youth.
Teach Our Children, a non-profit organization, and program of Third Sector New England is currently seeking a highly organized and motivated individual to support our director in managing the organization’s growing administrative needs. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
Key Job Elements
· Organizing and maintaining the online database by inputting new members, contributions,
updating current records, and conducting other regular database management
· Answering telephones and taking messages
· Assisting with periodic bulk mailings.
· Ensuring that the office is supplied with adequate materials
· General filing and office organization
· Scheduling meetings and events.
· Regular submission of purchase orders invoices and check request forms to fiscal sponsor.
· Support with grant writing and research.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
·Strong organization skills
· Detail-oriented with an ability to multi-task
· Proficient in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
· Self-starter, but respectful of team goals and processes
·Comfortable working with a diverse team.
·1-2 years experience providing administrative support in an office setting
·Experience with CRM/Database management and website maintenance a plus
·Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply
$15.00 an hour
We strongly encourage on-line applications. To apply, visit the employment section of our website at www.tsne.org. Please include a resume, cover letter, and brief writing sample. We accept applications by mail or fax. Send to Third Sector New England, NonProfit Center, 7th floor, Attn: Employment Manager, 89 South Street, Boston, MA 02111 or by fax to (617) 523-2070.
TSNE/ TOC is an equal employment opportunity employer
Comments are closed for this blog post