Coordinator, Community Impact
United Way of Greater New Haven (UWGNH) brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Income, and Health. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone.
We are seeking a full time (40 hours) Community Impact Coordinator to support our community investment work, specifically grants and evaluation processes.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in project management, possess excellent communication and organization skills, and passionate about helping people in need.
Reporting Structure: Senior Director, Community Impact
Essential Job Functions:
- Implement all grants processes from beginning to completion in order to ensure most effective and impactful use of United Way resources.
- Ensure compliance and effective communication with grantees.
- Facilitate grantee and reviewer training and workshops.
- Maintain strong relationships with United Way partner organizations in the community.
- Collect, enter and analyze data from community partners that illustrate United Way’s impact on the community.
- Develop reports from findings to share with a variety of audiences.
- Provide administrative support for community impact efforts.
- Collaborate effectively cross-departmentally and within the community impact team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 3-5 years of experience in program or nonprofit management.
- Project management experience, specifically a track record in coordinating projects from conception to completion.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple priorities and tasks, achieving results, and meeting deadlines.
- Computer proficiency, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access).
- Attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be:
- Personally committed to advancing UWGNH’s values, mission, goals and programs.
- A flexible, reliable, creative, outgoing and energetic person who can handle and prioritize multiple activities and responsibilities; a self-starter and finisher.
- A superior communicator who shares information readily and concisely, and listens as well as gives advice.
- A team player who inspires collaboration and functions decisively.
- Emotionally mature and self-confident, with a sense of humor in order to maintain balance and perspective.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed letter of interest, resume, writing sample and contact information for three references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
All applications are treated confidentially. Please include in your email subject line: “Community Impact Coordinator.” Deadline for applying is August 4, 2016.
**United Way of Greater New Haven is an equal opportunity employer.**