Join us on February 13, 2018 from 5:30-8:30pm for the New Haven Free Public Library's Mardi Gras Fundraiser!
Spend you Fat Tuesday at the library as you celebrate your community and support the incredible work of the New Haven Free Public Library year round. Our annual Mardi Gras event features food and drinks from some of the area's best spots, a fun and festive photo booth, and a brass band that will make you dance the night away. This year's event will be held at Mitchell Library in the heart of Westville - one of our vibrant neighborhood libraries!
Here's some of what to expect at Mardi Gras:
- taste delicious dishes from some of New Haven's most popular restaurants
- join a New Orleans-style parade
- dance to music of the Funky Dawgz Brass Band
- pose for pictures in Lotta Studio's vintage-themed photo booth
- shop the debut collection of exclusive NHFPL merchandise
- purchase and pop a balloon to reveal local gift certificates and other goodies
- rub elbows with bibliophiles & New Haven's creative cocktail crowd
Parking is available courtesy of Congregation Beth El-Keser Israel (85 Harrison Street) and Chapel Haven (1040 Whalley Ave) or in the Park New Haven lot (Whalley Ave and Blake St).
Help us bring that lively New Orleans spirit to New Haven! Don't get left out in the cold: make sure to buy your tickets today. All proceeds support programs and services of the New Haven Free Public Library throughout the year.
Visit nhfpl.org/events for more information!