• Provide education, support, and resources to first time parents in their homes
• Teach parents about child development, play, skin care, injury prevention, nutrition, oral health, and developmental delays.
• Review with parents their child’s developmental progress by identifying the child’s strengths and abilities as well as areas of concern that require referral for follow up services.
• Listen and encourage parents to practice better parenting skills.
• Foster prenatal and postnatal bonding between fathers and their child to increase father involvement
• Assist fathers identify and connect with resources in the community for job training, school, and other services.
• Participate in children, family, and health expos to represent Yale-New Haven Children’s Hospital, provide information about child related topics, and promote child safety.
• Organize and hold presentations about child related topics in different agencies in the community.
By Ryan O’Connor, Director of Programs, 8 80 Cities Recently 8 80 Cities wrote a blog post about open streets being a labour of love. That being the case, the 2018 Open Streets Summit in New Orleans felt like a family reunion of sorts. It was rejuvenating to see old and new friends who share our passion for open streets and are working tirelessly to create healthier, happier, and more connected communities across the world. The event, which took place on September 15-16, brought together more than 50 leaders who currently organize open streets programs or are interested in bringing the...
We hope you are getting ready and feel excited about the Open Streets Summit in Gretna/New Orleans! Taking place from September 15-16, 2018, the Summit will feature tours, presentations and networking opportunities with open streets champions and organizers from across the continent. Attendees will learn about the nuts and bolts of starting or scaling up open streets programs, including: Route design and planning Partnerships with business and officials Social inclusion Safety and logistics Marketing and promotion Program evaluation through measurable goals and metrics If you haven’t done it yet, click here to register for the Open Streets Summit only or...
The Open Streets Project is proud to announce that Ed Solis from Viva Calle (San Jose, CA), Romel Pascual from CicLAvia (Los Angeles, CA), Jaymie Santiago and Charles Brown from New Brunswick Ciclovia will join us as speakers for the 2018 Open Streets Summit in New Orleans and Gretna! Taking place from September 15-16 2018, the Summit will feature: Behind the scenes tour of the City of Gretna’s inaugural open streets program. Workshops, presentations, and networking opportunities with open streets champions and organizers from across the continent. Training and inspiration for both -novice and experienced- open streets organizers and supporters...
On the eve of the 156th anniversary of the original Juneteenth, LISC EVP Denise Scott reflects on what this holiday means for Black Americans—and for the entire country—and how our national racial reckoning makes this commemoration more urgent, and promising, than ever.
The Treasury Department’s CDFI Fund has awarded $1.25 billion in Rapid Response Program grants to support CDFIs in their efforts to provide COVID-19 economic relief—including $1.8 million to advance LISC’s work.