On April 6th, Rock to Rock Earth Day Ride will be holding its second Day of Environmental Service at six sites around New Haven. From 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, volunteers from across the region will gather to garden, clean, mulch, and green. Six Rock to Rock partners are hosting volunteer crews. They are:
- Common Ground: The crew will be mulching pathways, weeding, clearing fence lines. Possible chicken coop painting. Spring work on the farm! 358 Springside Ave New Haven
- New Haven Farms: The crew will be cleaning up garden, spreading mulch and soil, and building raised bed frames. 15 James Street New Haven
- Friends of Edgewood Park: We have two great options for the FOEP volunteers! Our main project here will be flower planting and light gardening around the Ranger Station. Our secondary project will be designing jerseys for the Friends of Edgewood Park bike team: Edgewood Easy Riders. Edgewood Park Ranger Station (near southern portion of Edgewood Park, by Edgewood Ave and Hobart Street
- Massaro Community Farm: The crew will work on trail maintenance, garden prep, rock removal, and planting/transplanting plants. 41 Ford Road Woodbridge
- Solar Youth: This crew will help clean a beach on Long Island Sound. 53 Wayfarer Street New Haven, CT 06515
- Farmington Canal Rail-Trail Association: Will help prep the trail for Spring/Summer.
- Urban Resources Initiative: The crew will canvas a neighborhood that is in desperate need of trees, speaking to the residents. URI will provide the crew with canvassing training and a tree t-shirt. TBD potentially in Peat Meadows