During the month of October we focus on creating a greater level of awareness around the issue of Domestic Violence. However, somewhere in Connecticut, Domestic Violence is a problem that occurs every day. We encourage you to be aware of and alert to the problem at all times.
Do whatever you can to help those who are afflicted while trying to stay safe yourself.
A CALL–TO-MEN and OneWorld Progressive Institute provide a short video:
“10 Effective Strategies to END Domestic Violence.” It is a hands-on, sensible and practical approach by three men (and one woman) with suggestions on how to stop Domestic Violence. https://youtu.be/_1QjqODOkcY
Domestic Violence is defined as a pattern of coercive, controlling behavior
It can be physical abuse, emotional or psychological abuse, sexual abuse or financial abuse.
It is a pervasive, life-threatening crime that affects thousands of individuals in Connecticut and all across America and the world.
- Domestic Violence can be carried out by men and women.
- More women are the victims of physical and financial abuse by men.
- Children also suffer when one parent is being abuse by another adult.
- The abuse to children often has long-term consequences.
- Don’t sit quietly and suffer or see your children suffer.
- If you are being abused, or if you are an abuser, GET HELP!
- In CT Call 888-774-2900 for HELP or to Talk to Someone.
Spanish Speakers / Los hablantes de Español:
- Para hablar o recibir ayuda, llama al 844-831-9200
- Statewide Child Abuse Hotline 800-842-2288
Watch an excellent short video with three multicultural men addressing
"Domestic Violence Accounts for 1 in 3 Murders of Women
- Domestic Violence Is NOT A Private Matter. It IS a Felony. It’s a CRIME!
- Español: "Violencia en el hogar representa 1 de cada 3 asesinatos de mujeres
- Violencia Doméstica no es un asunto privado. Se trata de un delito grave. Es un crimen!
In this second video: https://youtu.be/ZnHUsGGIqoI
- Hear from three adult men, two women and two young men in English and Spanish
- Escuchar a tres hombres adultos, dos mujeres y dos hombres jóvenes en Inglés y Español
- Visit the links below to get much more information related to this post:
Español: Visite los enlaces que aparecen a continuación para obtener mucha más información relacionada con este post.
OneWorld Progressive Institute, Inc., is a small group of committed volunteers who produce community information and education television programs on health literacy, education and civic engagement. We also find good information and post informative blogs about issues we believe shine light and are beneficial to many in our communities. Learn more about us at our web site: www.oneworldpi.org/ and visit our web health section at: http://www.oneworldpi.org/health/index.html Please share our information with others. Watch our informative television programs on your public access channels: Frontier (formerly AT&T), Channel 99, drop down; Charter Communications Chan. 21, and Comcast (Xfinity) Channels 10, 15, 18 & 26. Visit our YouTube channel at: http://goo.gl/jkPaiQ And Face Book is here: http://goo.gl/8v19VB