Roles and Responsibilities
United Way of Greater New Haven seeks enthusiastic college graduates and professionals interested in an invaluable experience to include professional training and access to our area’s top business leaders. The Campaign Executive will work with United Way staff, community leaders and workplace volunteers to help manage and increase support for the 2013 United Way fundraising campaign. This is a seasonal, full-time (30-40 hours weekly) position from Sept. 4 through Nov. 30, 2013.
The basic responsibilities and expectations of a Campaign Executive are as follows:
- Assist with the management of 30+ businesses in the Greater New Haven region that run United Way workplace campaigns.
- Make presentations to employee groups to provide information on the needs in our community and United Way’s work to improve lives.
- Follow up with workplace volunteers and committees to ensure completion of campaigns within time frames established for the campaign.
- Assist with special events designed to develop momentum for the campaign.
- Attend the training program prior to the campaign in order to receive an orientation on roles and responsibilities along with techniques for effective calls, group presentations and data collection and management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills and familiarity with fundraising techniques
- Excellent organizational skills and familiarity working in a professional office environment
- Ability to work well with a team as well as individually
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Own transportation and willingness to travel throughout the Greater New Haven area
E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Campaign Executive” in the subject line.