To Our Greater New Haven Community,
Health officials recommend social distancing as a course of action to combat the spread of the COVID-19; social distancing is widely seen as the most effective means of slowing the spread and reducing the impact of COVID-19 among our employees, their families and the communities in which we all live.
On this advice, The Community Foundation is notifying our community that we are taking the following steps in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). These precautions will be in place until at least March 27 and may be changed as circumstances dictate.
- The Community Foundation will not hold events or host external meetings in person. Therefore,
- The Foundation's Annual Meeting and upcoming donor briefing are postponed.
- Capacity building workshops will also be rescheduled.
- As soon as alternative plans are confirmed, we will notify people by email and news will be posted to The Foundation’s website at www.cfgnh.org.
- When possible and desirable, meetings and other gatherings will be held virtually; you will hear from Foundation staff about these arrangements.
- The staff of The Foundation are either working remotely or on staggering work schedules.
- Please contact staff members by email to conduct business during this time. You may also call their direct phone line and calls will be forwarded to the staff member. See staff directory here.
The Foundation encourages our staff, donors, nonprofits and all members of our community to stay informed about COVID-19 and to practice safe habits. The CDC website is a good resource for both. You may also call 2-1-1, text "CTCOVID" to 898211 or visit the State's coronavirus information website at www.ct.gov/coronavirus.
Thank you for your patience; as updates are known, we will communicate about them. Information will be shared via The Foundation's website (www.cfgnh.org/covid-19), email and social media channels.