GET HELP AND SIGN UP FOR THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT (ACA) ASAP
Only Through Access Health CT Can We Get Federal Subsidies to Reduce the Cost of Health Care Premiums. HELP IS FREE TO EVERYONE. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.
- If you are uninsured or under-insured - GET Free Assistance Signing up for Health Insurance Immediately. Health Insurance is a security blanket against illness.
- SIGN UP BEFORE MARCH 31, 2014. GET HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, 2014. If you do not sign up by 3/31/14, you will have to wait until January 2015 to get coverage. PLEASE DON'T WAIT. Get health insurance now.
- It might take several days for your policy to take effect. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL March 31 TO SIGN UP. DO SO IMMEDIATELY.
- The Affordable Care Act is health care for the uninsured and the under-insured
- There will be a penalty of $95 for not having health insurance for three months or more.
- The Emergency Room is NOT a Primary Care Center; there is no continuity.
If you are uninsured, or have limited private insurance, help is available to you to get comprehensive health insurance through Access Health CT.
- CT families of 4 people earning up to $92K might qualify for a federal subsidy.
- You can select a Bronze, Silver or Gold plan. Each plan includes the 10 Essential Benefits as mandated under the federal ACA plan. These benefits include mental health services. At the video linked below you will learn what those benefits are.
- Brokers can help you to select the best health plan for your family’s needs.
Here are some essential facts about getting Affordable Health Insurance:
There is a Walk-in Center at 55 Church Street in New Haven. No Appointment needed.
- Local New Haven Enrollment Fair On Thursday, March 6, 2014, 3:00 -- 7:00pm
- PLACE: St Lukes Church, 111 Whalley Ave, New Haven, CT
- Hosted by The NAACP . Go to St. Lukes from 3:00pm --- 7:00pm
Help is at Community Action Agency, 419 Whaley Ave, 1st Floor
- Call (203) 387-7700 ext 193. Leave your name and phone number; someone will call you back and tell you what you need to bring with you to get signed up.
- Assisters can help you to get FREE Medicaid coverage if you qualify.
- Call 203 946- 8187 (pregnant women) to meet with someone who can help you
- Help is also at NH Health Dept. 54 Meadow Street, New Haven, 06519
Get more information at (203) 533-2610. Visit with the New Haven Health Dept email@example.com
Call (203) 946- 2227. Say your name slowly; leave a phone #; someone will call you
When you go to a Walk-in Center, or Enrollment Fair take with you:
- Birthdates (or birth certificates) for all family members who need coverage
- Social Security Numbers for all family members who need coverage
- (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Citizenship or immigration status
- Tax returns for previous 2 years (and the last 2 months of pay stubs for 2014)
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage
- Current health care coverage information for any existing policies
- Important information about everyone to be included on your insurance plan, also
- If you are a seasonal worker take the last 4 pay stubs, or W2 form (if you have it)
a) Call the phone numbers above; they will tell you what to bring with you to sign up.
b) Additional sign-up help will be available throughout March in various facilities.
c) Check the public libraries for more information. Check Facebook
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org at the NH Health Dept - Ask for guidance.
Email: email@example.com also firstname.lastname@example.org Request an appointment.
Visit: http://ahctcommunity.org to get important information or call 855-805-4325
Watch this video to learn more: http://youtu.be/IIKo8DxODGo Get Help Signing up for ACA
Use this Tax Credit Tool to Calculate Your Premium: Visit: www.HealthTaxCreditTool.org
and to find out if you qualify for a federal subsidy. Watch the 18 mins video.
Call (203) 387-7700 Ext 193; (203) 946-2227; (203) 946- 8187 (Pregnant Women)
It might take several days for your policy to take effect. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL March 31 TO SIGN UP. DO SO IMMEDIATELY.