nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
Teach Our Children, Inc.
Child Care Providers will provide childcare as needed for TOC meetings and events
With our support, providers will maintain a safe and stimulating environment for children ranging from three to thirteen years old.
Providers will engage with all children, be responsive to the needs of TOC families, and maintain childcare spaces utilized for TOC meetings and events.
Minimum: High School Diploma
Preferred: Associates or Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education
CPR and First Aid Certification
Experience working in an early childhood setting
Experience working with persons from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
Experience working with children with special needs
Experience working with children of varying ages
Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the children and program
Languages: English (primary), Spanish (bilingual candidates preferred)
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assist in the creation of an environment appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of children of various ages.
2. Perform duties as planned under the supervision of TOC parents and our Executive Director.
3. Ensure children complete homework assignments (if applicable).
4. Interact with the children in a way that conveys respect and nurturing.
5. Play with children; this will often mean getting down on the floor to interact with them.
6. Coordinate activities appropriate to the development levels of the children.
7. Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other materials appropriate for the group.
8. Attend to the personal hygiene of each child, (coordinating bathroom visits and washing hands.)
9. Maintain a safe environment based on safety standards set by TOC parents
10. Help other providers in distributing meals to children as required
11. Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the childcare rooms at the end of the meeting
12. Maintain open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child’s family
13. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Childcare providers will be called as needed to provide childcare for TOC meetings and events. Meetings typically take place one or two times a week and last two hours.
Childcare providers are paid $15 per hour for their service.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or 129 Church Street Suite 207, New Haven, CT 06510.