The New Haven Reads Community Book Bank operates like a free book store, with books available for both children and adults. All of our books are free to the public. We distribute approximately 130,000 books each year to the surrounding community.
Job Description: Book Bank Director
Department: Bristol Street
Non-Exempt – Part time – $14.00 per hour
Job Summary: Manage the New Haven Reads Book Bank.
- Oversee all book bank programs, events, and activities, including: the front desk, donation intake, sorting and shelving, book order fulfillment, school field trips, bi-annual Teacher Open Houses, tutoring program book giveaways, and social media content
- Recruit, interview, train, and supervise a team of 20+ volunteers, as well as occasional Saturday service groups and a summer intern
- Maintain accurate data records in Salesforce, including book distribution numbers and volunteer info
- Drive strategic expansion of book bank programs and community outreach to increase book distribution
- High school graduate (some college preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft and Google Suites
- Proficient with OR ability to learn Salesforce and Box cloud services
- Great communication skills and friendly personality
- Ability to function in an extremely noisy and busy environment
- Ability to repeatedly lift heavy boxes of books
- Extremely well organized, self-driven, and able to prioritize
This position is 30 hours per week, with a loose schedule of Monday – Friday 9-3 PM. There is some flexibility and variance depending on programs, as well as occasional weekend hours.
To apply, send application (available at newhavenreads.org/get-involved/careers/), resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Haven Reads is an Equal Opportunity Employer.