nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, the region's largest grantmaker and permanent charitable endowment, is seeking a qualified candidate for a research associate/communications position in the Grantmaking and Strategy Department. The Community Foundation’s mission is to create positive and sustainable change in Greater New Haven by increasing the amount of and enhancing the impact of community philanthropy.
The deadline for applications is March 30, 2012.
Title: Research Associate
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Grantmaking and Strategy
This position has been created to enhance The Community Foundation’s knowledge work which includes contributing to and maintaining the Learn site, writing issue briefs (with both quantitative and qualitative components), convening issue based forums, assisting with program officer grantmaking activities, including grant analyses, evaluation and multiyear reporting. Although advertised as a full time position, part-time will be considered.
• Develop reports on issue areas, including research and interviews
• Contribute to and maintain Learn page on The Community Foundation website & corresponding www.giveGreater.org® content
• Utilize The Community Foundation’s databases (FIMS & www.giveGreater.org®) to analyze data and produce reports;
• Use state of the art technologies, including FIMS, html, website software
• Be part of, and support, a team of grantmaking professionals in the execution of department goals;
• Review submitted proposals and provides written analyses for staff discussion and recommendation to the Board of The Community Foundation;
• Provide service to multiple Community Foundation audiences and communicate through various methods, including phone, email, and written communications;
• Review and prepare multiyear reports;
• Collaborate with all Community Foundation staff members;
• Work on special projects;
• Participate in joint efforts and affinity groups of foundations and represent The Community Foundation professionally by responding to inquiries and attending meetings and conferences;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Previous experience and/or skills as reporter/journalist, photographer, and website designer and contributor
• Strong research and analytical skills, critical thinking skills;
• Ability to write clear, succinct, cohesive, public friendly issue briefs;
• Ability to make well-organized verbal presentations;
• Ability to think creatively and strategically about the broad goals of The Community Foundation while remaining focused on the detail-oriented work and follow-through required by the position;
• Passion for Greater New Haven a plus;
• Masters degree preferred;
• Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment, with positive customer service expectations and with diverse populations and sense of community;
• Individual should be self-directed and a team player;
• Demonstrated ability to direct and participate in teams;
• A commitment to an inclusive environment;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Superior organizational skills and eagerness to multitask;
• Demonstrated computer and website skills.
Please submit letters of interest, resumes and other supportive documents via email to email@example.com by Friday, March 30, 2012.