nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
The Graduate Student Grant Program provides direct payments to Graduate Student Loan servicers for up to $10,000 over two years, paid in semi-annual installments. Applications are due by Friday, October 2, 2020.
Applicants to this program must:
• Either have earned a graduate degree in the past five years or will be earning a graduate degree by June 2021
• Either be employed or be promised future employment for a minimum of 30 hours per week in a public service nonprofit organization* (The employer must have current 501c3 status with the IRS)
• Work for a nonprofit in one of the following municipalities: Bethany, Branford, Cheshire, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, Milford, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, Wallingford, West Ha ven or Woodbridge
• Have previously received need-related student loans through such vehicles as the GSLA (Stafford) or NDSL (Perkins) programs during their graduate studies
• Have a personal annual income of less than $60,000 at the time of the award
* Qualifying nonprofits are: human services, arts, environment, community development organizations
If awarded, the program will forward payment directly to the Loan Servicer for four consecutive periods (over two years) during which the applicant must remain employed by a nonprofit that meets the criteria described. See the attached brochure for details and the application form.
Program made possible by the New Haven Real Estate Education Foundation Fund at The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven and the Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce.