nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
Junta for Progressive Action has an immediate opening for an Evening Childcare Assistant. The Assistant cares for children of parents who are enrolled in Junta’s adult education classes. This is a is a part-time position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Register children for childcare service
- Provide age-appropriate activities for children 5-13 including, but not limited to: Arts and crafts activities, age appropriate movies and games
- Monitor snacks and art supplies, reporting it to the Education Director
- Keep attendance sheet updated
- File paperwork related to childcare service
- Maintain regular communication with parents to be aware of any changes in the child’s status
- Clean up after each class has finished, making sure the room looks neat and organized
- Help providing a safe environment during class time at Junta,
Candidates will be subject to a background check prior to employment.
To apply, contact Celia Carvalho, Program Director for Adult Education & Community Outreach at 203.787.0191, ext. 17 or Celia.Carvalho@juntainc.org.
Founded in 1969, Junta for Progressive Action, Inc. (JUNTA) is the oldest Latino, community based non-profit organization in New Haven, Connecticut. Its mission is to provide services, programs and advocacy that improve the social, political and economic conditions of the Latino community in Greater New Haven, while nurturing and promoting its cultural traditions as it builds bridges with other communities.