Community, Nonprofits and Businesses sharing Information
Craig Newmark, founder of Craigslist, has recently (March 7th) embarked on a new endeavor: Craigconnects.org, a site that harnesses the power of the Internet to aid nonprofits organizations…
"...Craigconnects is about calling attention to and connecting good, effective nonprofits and other organizations that get the job done.Craigconnects is also about protecting organizations, and the public, from fake organizations that have a good story, but actually end up hurting the people they profess to serve..."
The ambitious mission - outlined in his video welcome message and in further detail below in the Purpose of craigconnects. Luckily, Newmark knows a thing or two about the Web and building a website that connects people - hopefully it will translate to a success in connecting organizations to one another.
Purpose of craigconnects
craigconnects is a…
- vision of getting everyone in the world together for the common good via the Internet.
- plan to support sustainable efforts; ones that are socially responsible, self-perpetuating and replicable.
- service to connect and protect organizations and individuals that can help make that vision come true.
- program that, for its first year of operation, is focused solely on the areas of support defined on this website, even though I know there are many other worthy efforts that might be worth support in the future, as craigconnects grows.
- way to make this all happen, and I know some things will work, some not, but along the way maybe others will be inspired to join in.
- channel through which my support — as a speaker, board member, social media champion, traditional media source, etc. – can be solicited. I tend to be overwhelmed with requests and craigconnects will help me manage this so I can do a lot more.
craigconnects is not…
craigslist OR a grant-giving organization, although I will, personally, continue to consider making modest personal donations to some worthy causes and, when appropriate, might ask others I know for their support as well.
You need to be a member of GNH Community to add comments!
Join GNH Community