The Communications Manager works with the Director of Development and Marketing in researching, planning, and implementing arts marketing initiatives on a local and regional level as well as being responsible for overseeing public relations and communications with the press and the arts community throughout Greater New Haven.
- Oversee, coordinate, and proof all promotional materials, including postcards, invitations, and ads for local and regional newspapers.
- Develop new strategies using social media to attract and expand diverse audiences.
- Collaborate with IT manager in maintaining content on website.
- Coordinate and lead Arts Marketing Network meetings in collaboration with Director of Development and Marketing.
- Write and distribute press releases and other communication materials in a timely manner. Maintain strong relationships with press.
- Manage press schedule, contact information and deadlines in keeping with statewide and regional media contact list. Maintain and update media database.
- Maintain press and marketing archives and files.
- Assist Director of Development with Arts Awards program book and other development materials. Assist with coordination of special projects and events as needed.
- Represent Arts Council at meetings and events if requested by Executive Director or Director of Development and Marketing.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Development and Executive Director as necessary to implement tasks from Strategic Marketing Plan.
- At least 3 years professional experience in marketing and communications.
- Fluent in all current trends of Social Media: Facebook, Twitter and other networking sites.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Arts background preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to email email@example.com.