nonprofits,local leaders & Grt.New Haven business sharing information
The information in the blog below, starting with the topic: Charter Schools Suspend, etc., was taken in its entirety from an article written by James Vaznis in the Boston Globe, dated Nov. 19, 2014. His email contact information is at the end of the post. The article raises several salient questions for parents, education administrators and teachers. Importantly, it requires us…Continue
In the Nov. 21, 2014 New Haven Independent we read an article titled: No On Called 911.
“Help! Help!” Bret Bird screamed. A dozen or more bystanders could see him being attacked. They could hear him. The article began. It is written by Paul Bass; the article is extensive, and as is often the case deals with many more issues than just a…Continue
Added by N'Zinga Shani on November 24, 2014 at 11:38am — No Comments
The Office-of-the-Child-Advocate Makes Its Report, Nov. 21, 2014.
Agency Report: Schools Helped Lanza's Mom 'Appease' Him”
"The state Agency Report also provocatively asks whether a family that was not white or as affluent as the Lanzas would have been given the same leeway to manage treatment for their troubled child." In…Continue
Added by N'Zinga Shani on November 23, 2014 at 10:40pm — No Comments
Have you received a “Medicare & You 2015 Handbook? It is the official US Government Medicare Handbook and provides clear guidelines to all aspects of Medicare health coverage. If you have not received a copy, visit:
Added by N'Zinga Shani on November 20, 2014 at 10:56pm — No Comments
The Sign-Up dates for 2015 ACA coverage are Nov. 15, 2014 through Feb. 15, 2015.
The Penalty for not having health insurance coverage in 2015 will be $325!
The Cost Penalty for not having health insurance coverage in 2014 was $95, or one percent of your taxable household income, whichever is greater. In 2016 the penalty…Continue
Added by N'Zinga Shani on November 14, 2014 at 11:09am — No Comments
Added by N'Zinga Shani on November 14, 2014 at 12:00am — No Comments
“She Hugged Her Son When She Got Home” is the title of a Nov. 7, 2014 article in the New Haven Independent. The article is honoring Sgt. Elisa Tuozzoli as Cop of The Week. As is so often the case with articles written by Paul Bass-- this article is filled with the type of information that forces readers to think carefully and broadly.
In one story about a…Continue
Added by N'Zinga Shani on November 10, 2014 at 2:45pm — No Comments
Nearly 29.1 million Americans have Diabetes; it is a serious and costly disease in which blood glucose (blood sugar) levels are above normal. Most people with diabetes have type 2, which used to be called adult-onset diabetes. In years past type 2 diabetes was seen mostly in people over age 45. Now in 2014 more young people, even children, have the disease because many are overweight or obese. Many…Continue
Added by N'Zinga Shani on November 7, 2014 at 2:28pm — No Comments
With Blacks being 33 percent, and Hispanics/Latinos being 27 percent (for a total of 60 percent) of New Haven residents, it is only logical that the NHPD new police officers should look more like the residents. The class of 37 new police recruits will start their training on Nov. 10, 2014. This is one leg of an extensive hurdle for the NHPD —finding Black and Latino officers. With this…Continue
Added by N'Zinga Shani on November 5, 2014 at 3:01pm — No Comments
The first open enrollment period was challenging for assisters and consumers. The next open enrollment period will bring new challenges; however, the process will be less complicated if people seek help in getting enrolled in a timely manner, and have with them the required information. There are 5 million more individuals to be enrolled, plus re-enrolling millions. We have only seven weeks in this enrollment…Continue
Added by N'Zinga Shani on November 5, 2014 at 3:44am — No Comments
Added by N'Zinga Shani on November 3, 2014 at 10:37pm — No Comments
Under Obamacare (ACA), the Public Now Has Access to Important Medical Industry Data.
How much is the health industry paying your doctor? Why is this important?
What prescriptions do you get?…Continue
Added by N'Zinga Shani on November 3, 2014 at 1:46am — No Comments
November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month: Lung Cancer is the top cause of cancer deaths in both men and women. Today, smoking causes nearly 9 out of 10 lung cancer deaths, while radon gas, pollution, and other chemicals play a smaller role. See a Visual Guide to Lung Cancer here:…Continue
Added by N'Zinga Shani on November 1, 2014 at 12:28am — No Comments